Sunday, January 29, 2012

Once you've hit rock-bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up

It's like I've finally used up all the oceans of internal disappointment that I had seething in me within the space of the last quarter, and now there really isn't much disappointment left to feel.
I will not be expecting anything much any more, all of the things that my big city upbringing had taught me to take for granted. Things will not get better; to expect them to is nothing but a lesson in futility.

So what's left? Resignation, I guess. Acknowledgement, the throwing of arms into the air. I give up. It may be time to slowly stop doing what people think I should, and start doing what I truly feel; to stop aiming for the stars, and instead start nurturing the tiny candle that flickers by my feet.

Perhaps then I will finally be able to find a small simple peace to call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment